One thing I’ve learned from baking vegan desserts is that less is more. When I used to bake “conventional” desserts, I’d think nothing of adding more sugar, butter, or whatever because, “It’s dessert” and it’s supposed to be bad for you. Well, thanks to my blogging community and my love of testing out different recipes, I’ve learned that nothing is further from the truth.
These vegan, gluten free granola cups are lightly sweetened and have just a touch of cinnamon, making them a perfect breakfast or a delicious dessert. Substitute these for granola bars and you have yourself a nutritious and healthy on the go snack!
The oats and nuts are loaded with fiber, protein, and healthy fats, making it a substantial and nourishing breakfast, and the sweet fruit filling make for one hell of a dessert.
If you try this recipe, let me know by commenting and rating them!
- 1½ cups oats
- 1½ cups walnuts
- 3 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- about 3-4 shakes of cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 2 ripened bananas
- about ½ cup blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F/175 C.
- In a blender/food processor, combine the oats and walnuts. Blend until you have a powder.
- Pour the blended mixture into a large bowl and add the maple syrup, melted coconut oil, cinnamon and salt.
- In a greased cupcake pan, fill each cupcake pan about halfway.
- With your fingers, press the mixture so that the sides come up to form a small barrier and remember the oats will expand a bit while baking.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- While the crust is baking, mash up 2 bananas with a fork.
- Once baked, add the banana filling, and add blueberries on top.
- Cover with foil and place back in the oven for 20 minutes.