Nowadays, it’s not hard to find vegan and gluten free banana nut muffins, but finding ones that are healthy and better than the traditional kind? Not as easy.
Until now of course.
Enter these guys. Free of dairy, soy, oil, flour, and refined sugar. Inspired by my banana nut bread and pumpkin date muffins, these vegan and gluten free banana nut muffins are satisfyingly delicious. With just the right amount of sweetness and spice. They’re perfect in the morning with a cup of coffee or for a quick on-the-go snack.
I’ve got you covered.
If you try this recipe out, let me know by commenting and rating it!
- 4 cups of oats
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 extra ripe bananas
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ⅓ cup molasses
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Oil for greasing
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F/175 C.
- Blend the oats until a powder is formed.
- Pour into a bowl along with the baking soda, baking powder, chia seeds, cinnamon, and salt. Mix.
- In another larger bowl, add the peeled bananas, maple syrup, molasses, and vanilla extract. Mix.
- Combine the ingredients by slowly adding the dry ingredients to the banana mixture. Stir well and add half (1 cups) of the walnuts.
- Grease a muffin/cupcake pan. Pour the mixture to the top of each muffin holder. Top with the remaining walnuts.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes. Stick a knife or toothpick in to check for doneness. The knife or toothpick should come out clean.