This vegetarian and gluten free buffalo cauliflower recipe is a triple threat – easy, delicious, and nutritious.
But do they actually taste like buffalo wings?!
Crazily enough, YES! And maybe it’s just me, but I think they’re better tasting. Maybe it’s because I know that I’m also eating a ton of nutrients at the same time. Let’s just say that when I made these, my initial response was, Man somebody other than me has GOT to make these. They’re just that good.
These vegan buffalo cauliflower ‘wings’ are the perfect healthy party-food appetizer. This cruciferous vegetable is jam packed with anti-inflammatory nutrients, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. It helps aid in digestion and detoxification. I’ve served these to some of the most non-vegan-buffalo-chicken-wings-obsessed people and they absolutely loved them.
Want to make this with the creamy vegan ranch dressing you see pictured above? Click here for my recipe!
If you try this recipe out, let me know by commenting and rating it!
- 1 cup brown rice flour (or any flour of your choice)
- 1 Tbsp onion powder
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup water
- 5 heaping cups of cauliflower pieces
- 3 Tbsp butter of your choice (I used Earth Balance)
- 1 cup hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 425 F/220 C.
- In a medium sized bowl, add brown rice flour, onion powder, garlic powder, and salt. Mix. Next, add in water and stir well. This batter will be very dense.
- Rinse, dry, and cut cauliflower into bite size bits. Place each piece in the batter, coating evenly. Then place each piece on a baking sheet.
- Place the cauliflower in the oven for 20 minutes. During this time, prepare your buffalo sauce.
- In a small bowl, heat up the butter so it's in liquid form.
- Then, add the hot sauce and mix well.
- When the cauliflower is ready, remove from the oven and dip each piece in the buffalo sauce, coating completely.
- Place back in the oven for another 10 minutes. Brush any remaining hot sauce onto the cauliflower once done.