Vegan, gluten free pancakes – must taste like cardboard, right?!
Yes! If cardboard tasted like sweet blueberry heaven…
Sometimes it takes me a couple of days to publish a blog post because I’m a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to creating the recipe, “posing” my dish creations just right for photographing, and then actually writing the post. However, I’m too freakin’ excited about these pancakes that I needed to share them asap. Yes, food excites me that much. Understand now why I felt the need to start a food blog in the first place?
And because it’s a gorgeous beach day outside, I’ll make this post like I made my pancake stack, short and sweet.
If you try this recipe, let me know by commenting and rating it!
- 1 cup oats
- ½ cup almonds
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 chia egg*
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup blueberries (I used frozen)
- ½ cup chopped raw walnuts
- coconut oil or butter for pan (I used Earth Balance)
- optional: additional blueberries and walnuts for topping
- Create the chia egg and set aside for 10 minutes.
- In a blender/food processor, blend the oats and almonds until it makes a flour.
- Pour the oat/almond flour in a bowl and add all other ingredients except the blueberries.
- Gently mix in blueberries.
- On medium/low heat, melt oil or non-dairy butter.
- Place about ½ batter for each pancake and cook for about 2-3 minutes on each side.